With so many diets out there on the market its important to properly educate people as the pros and cons of each one as it is very easy to get a one sided opinion if your reading literature which is endorsing a product. Think about it.... why would they tell you the bad?!
TEA TOX & JUICE CLEANSING
Temporary weight loss brought about by losing stored up toxins and waste products. The idea of not having to break down foods means you can absorb the juices quicker.
* Good for short term weight loss as has quite quick affects
*Holidays/ photo shoots/ wedding day etc
* Weight goes back on very quickly when you resume a normal diet
* Can be psychologically damaging for weight to fluctuate
INTERMITTANT FASTING (5:2)
This is the idea of limiting calorie intake for 2 days out of every 7 to between 500-800. The basic principle is that during the whole week you will be in calorie deficit.
* Being in calorie deficit for the week will lead to weight loss
* Regimented. Some people find it easy to stick to as it is very prescriptive
* If you don't achieve your 2 days of 500-800 calories you can end up in calorie surplus and put weight on
* People often suffer with headaches, dizziness and severe energy louses not enough energy in the body.
FOOD GROUP DEPLETION OR SATURATION
Refers to the idea of not taking in one food group, or taking in a lot of a certain food group. Examples of this are things such as the Atkins diet and no carbs. The idea being that you change the way your bodies digestive system absorbs food and make it more efficient.
* Allows for quite rapid weight loss initially
* Can decrease bloating
* Needs a lot of planning and organisation to make sure you have the right foods in.
* With lots of hidden ingredients in food it can be hard to stick to even with the best intentions.
* Can lead to you taking in foods which are higher in fats
* Can lead to low energy levels/ dizziness etc
FASTING- 12 HOURS
Making sure you have at least a 12 hour gap between dinner and breakfast. When your body has digested all food and has no readily available energy source you begin to break down fat stores. This usually occurs after 8 hours, therefore allowing 4 hours fat burning. This is where some people complete "Fasted Cardio" to burn more calories in this "fasted state", therefore burning more fat.
* Increase fat burning
* More time efficient to go straight into burning fat stores
* Decrease overall calorie intake during the day
* Can led to sugar cravings
* Low energy levels
* Increase caffeine intake to accommodate for energy lows
Overall most of these diets will allow you to see some short term results. As a generic rule the faster weight comes off the faster it goes back on. Within the Podium Fitness 23 programmes we don't believe in dieting, but more healthy balanced nutrition which doesn't deprive you of any food group. You body simply needs routine and good nutrients.
Why not try a programme with us and see the weight come off and stay off.
Use the contacts page to get in touch today.
INVEST IN YOU